Rebranding is a common practice among companies and it can happen for many different reasons. If you are a business owner, then it is always a good idea to consider rebranding your company if you need to. A rebrand can make your company more valuable to potential customers. Make sure you understand why a company should rebrand so that you can determine if your company should do the same.
Reasons Why a Company Should Rebrand
1. Your company’s brand is damaged: If a company has a scandal, then its brand will be damaged, and you need to distance yourself from your old image and its associations.
2. Your company is having trouble reaching specific customers: If you want to target new customers, then you might have to rebrand your company. Try to create a new brand that will appeal to the customers you want to target.
3. Your company wants to expand its market share: If you want to expand your company’s market share, then you will need to find ways to get new customers. You might need more money for advertising and it might be helpful to rebrand your company as well to introduce you to those new customers.
4. Your company wants to reach a new demographic: If you want to reach a new demographic, then you will need to examine your current brand. It may not work for the audience you are appealing to. You may need to create a new brand that will appeal to the demographic you want to target.
5. Your audience is changing: If your audience is changing, then it might be time to rebrand your company as well. For example, if millennials are taking over an older generation’s customer base, then companies that appeal to the older generation may want to rebrand their company in order to appeal to millennials as well.
6. Your industry is changing. It can be helpful if your industry is changing rapidly especially if there are new trends in the industry or new competitors, then you may want to rebrand your business so that people will recognize it as a competitor and not as an outdated business model.
7. There are legal issues associated with your name or logo. If you are having legal issues with your current name or logo, it will save you a lot of money and time trying to keep up with legal issues and fighting lawsuits that will be brought against you because of your name or logo.
Rebranding can be difficult for a company, especially if it came on the heels of scandal, financial difficulty or legal trouble, rather than a desire for expansion and growth. But it is fundamentally an opportunity to re-envision what your company stands for and where it is going. Working with an experienced graphic design and marketing firm, your rebranding can be a positive change that helps your company move forward.
Want to learn more about our services and how GROUP 2 can help take your marketing plan to the next level? We are great listeners and enjoy helping our clients think of creative ways to enhance their brand. You can contact us at 412.841.3318 or reach us by email at [email protected].